Is there a such thing as a low key party? Oh my... I am exhausted! I did get to dart out of school right at 2:00 and now relaxing after a hot shower.
Here are some of my tips. I'd love to know your tips!
1. Have a guest reader - You can really get ready if there's a reader keeping your little ones occupied
2. Pick one craft and don't try to do it on the day of the party. I always run out of time at parties so rarely do I do crafts the day of the party.
3. Kids love using their five senses. I try to fit in some curriculum during parties. This year I covered our Science Unit: five senses. At Christmas we will be doing a goods and services unit and Holidays Around the World.
4. Keep them busy! Packets are a plus! There are tons of free packets on tpt. Students always need something on their desk. I love my pumpkin time unit and can't wait for Holidays Around the World.
5. Use signup genius to get donations for party food or supplies. This year we had Chick-Fil-A. Three parents sent in money other parents sent in paper products, cupcakes, drinks, etc.
How do you keep SANE on holidays? I swear Halloween is the worst :)
Favorite Halloween Games:
Witch Hat Horseshoe
Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween.
Here are the winners for the recent giveaways
Door Hanger from Elizabeth Ann's : Sara Brown
Kidecals gift certificate : Sidney Ellen Mckay