Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Is there a such thing as a low key party? plus winners !!!

Is there a such thing as a low key party? Oh my... I am exhausted! I did get to dart out of school right at 2:00 and now relaxing after a hot shower.

Here are some of my tips. I'd love to know your tips!
1. Have a guest reader - You can really get ready if there's a reader keeping your little ones occupied



2. Pick one craft and don't try to do it on the day of the party. I always run out of time at parties so rarely do I do crafts the day of the party.





3. Kids love using their five senses. I try to fit in some curriculum during parties. This year I covered our Science Unit: five senses.  At Christmas we will be doing a goods and services unit and Holidays Around the World.





4. Keep them busy! Packets are a plus! There are tons of free packets on tpt. Students always need something on their desk. I love my pumpkin time unit and can't wait for Holidays Around the World.

5.  Use signup genius to get donations for party food or supplies. This year we had Chick-Fil-A.  Three parents sent in money other parents sent in paper products, cupcakes, drinks, etc.


How do you keep SANE on holidays? I swear Halloween is the worst :)




Favorite Halloween Games:

Witch Hat Horseshoe




Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween. 
Here are the winners for the recent giveaways


Door Hanger from Elizabeth Ann's : Sara Brown
Kidecals gift certificate : Sidney Ellen Mckay



6 comments:

  1. Fun games...wish my room moms would have had any of these. Instead, we putted. As in golf. One at a time, meaning there was a lot of down time. Hence lots of fighting with light sabers and swords from costumes. :-(

    Your little niece in the black and lime green costume is seriously adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your pictures. Looks like your class and you had a blast!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day!! I am totally going to use the idea of a guest reader for our Christmas party!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of it! Your students are so lucky to have you as their teacher. The five senses activity is great! I bet your kids had so much fun.

    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please send your guest reader in to read to my kids or to bring me lunch...or something...on the next party day????????
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!