Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Organization Resolutions

I’m linking up today with Hope at Second Grade Shenanigans for my new years resolutions for organization!  I usually have high hopes but let's face it ... it's hard being organized in the classroom. Oh wait ..am I the only one with this problem?



I hope to never see my closet like this again.

I start out clean and organized in August but by the time December rolls around it looks like a bomb exploded in my supply closet. My goal for 2013 is toss items I haven't used in the past year. This is really hard for me. I have tons of resources and craft supplies.  I think I need an intervention. The show hoarders might love my supply closet. 

My other goal for 2013 is to organize all of my computer files which includes fonts, lessons, photographs, and clip art. I think my new imac might actually get me motivated. It should arrive sometime in January. 



Organizational Tips
Let’s talk organization. Naturally, I’m not a super organized person but I learned quickly as a teacher you kinda need to be organized. Thanks many years of teaching, I’ve found some simple organization tips that have really helped me through the years. Let’s start with some of my MUST have supplies- Binders, Page Protectors, and Packing Tape.


Binders- They are great for organizing teaching units, lesson plans, and more. This year I have filled 4 huge binders with all of my favorite tpt/blog worksheets. Before this system, I had papers stuffed in filing cabinets and folders. It was one huge mess!  I am such a visual person so this system has been wonderful for me. Binders are not only a great way for teachers to stay organized but my students love them too! Each student has their own BEE binder. It keeps them so organized. To check out more on how I organize my BEE binders, click here.


Packing Tape- Have you seen this cute pin? I use so much packing tape. The best tip is to use packing tape for your Books on CD. I use packing tape to store all of my CDs for the Listening Station. Instead of using ziplock bags, you can tape the CD cover directly inside of the book. I usually tape it where the slot is facing up to prevent the CD from sliding out.


Page Protectors-They work wonders. The possibilities are endless and did you know you can still make copies even if the originals are in page protectors? I love page protectors as little cheat sheet necklaces. Here is a cute alphabet one. They are great for wearable signs and posters. My students love to be "green" by using them in my word work station with dry erase markers. You can also cut them and make them any size!






7 comments:

  1. Page protectors are my favorite!! I love the idea of the necklaces too:) I am contemplating going from from files to binders. What do you do with project samples?

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your closet looks like mine :) I managed to clean the paint cupboard this holiday but that was so exhausting I couldn't face the supply closet! I use binders too - LOVE them. It's the only way to stay on top of things.
    Lynn
    PS I love your blog name - DO your children run when they see the camera? Mine are such posers they love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness, I love seeing the binders! I am a binder fanatic! I have so many binders in my room and I don't know what I would do without them. I actually get a little giddy when I get to make/organize a new binder. Ha! My closet can get scary sometimes too though. I get rushed or pressed for time and the shoving begins. Soon the closet is just busting out with stuff. I'm glad you're getting it all organized! :)
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! My closet used to look like that too. Finally got around to cleaning it last year. I like the books on cd idea. I have so many books on cd from Scholastic!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea of taping audio books inside the book. Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am so jealous of those binders! I have been meaning to do that but now I have the inspiration to actually get it done! Holy cow! I never thought of taping my CD's right to the inside of the books! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm taping all my CDs to the inside of the books as soon as I get into work tomorrow!! PURE GENIUS, my sweet friend! :)

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!