Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Miss Nelson has been MISSING.. Find out why?

This past week was a whirlwind. We had Santa pictures at school, a visit with a CUBS pitcher, two visits with the Mosquito lady for Science Experiments, and a day with a veteran. We had so much fun learning from these meaningful real life learning experiences. On Thursday, we are going to the Mosquito Plant, City Hall, Fire Station and Police Station. We will be busy once again. I would love to see all of the fun things happening in your classrooms. If you haven't linked up to my Teacher's Gonna Snap photo linky party please do! You could just link a previous post that had pictures. 















I'm off to work our Junior League's Santa Pictures. I've been doing this since Thursday. Then I'm home to try and complete an insane packet for winning Teacher of the Year. Just curious do you all have teacher accountability  If so, do you use the Danielson Model or a Value Added Model? What are your thoughts on teacher evaluations and accountability? 






8 comments:

  1. Congrats on Teacher of The Year!! :) We use the value added model, but it's based on the state assessment of the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. I don't really agree that my eval should be based on students that aren't in my class- but what do I know ;p Have a great week my friend!

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are back, I missed you. Congratulations on your award.

    Terri
    thefirstgradeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use the Danielson model. For the most part, I have found it very helpful when evaluating myself. I definitely believe in teacher accountability. All teachers should be committed to becoming better teachers! Congrats on Teacher of the Year! That's awesome!
    briawnacallahan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing in so many ways! Congrats to you for a great accomplishment!
    Amy Howbert

    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michele! Love all the pictures! My district began using the Danielson model this year. I like it! Our administrator's are stopping by more often to visit our classroom due to this model. It's nice to see them in our classrooms more. This model is also great in helping me evaluate myself and the types of lessons I plan. I hope to link up soon.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I have no idea if ours fits either one of those models. Indiana has mostly switched to a very complicated program called RISE that does include growth scores. Our school system is using something different, though, which is based mostly on teacher evaluation, but does include the test scores in some way. Ugh- now I feel uninformed :) but I do know that the state is judging on a growth model.

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww- many congrats to you!!!!!!! How awesome is that?!?!?!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. My concern would be how would the growth be measured, or would it just be a bar to reach? (Because as we know, if you have a reputation for doing a good job, you tend to get the ones who need the most help...and have the most issues...and whatever else. So, it may be more difficult to reach a certain level even if they do make growth.)

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!