Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Spoonful of Sweetness

Maria Dismondy is a #1 best-selling children's book author, former teacher, and highly sought-after speaker. Why do I LOVE Maria so much? Maria has a passion for spreading an anti-bullying message and making a difference in her writing, public speaking, blogging and charity work. She shares simple lessons, crafts, activities, traditions and books to use when working with young children to help them develop healthy habits and tools to use on their social-emotional journey in friendships and life in general.  Maria has great advice and tips for educators and families on her website and blog







Spoonful of Sweetness is her 5th children's book. I LOVE them all. They are some of my most favorite reads in my first grade class. I was so happy to have a chance to review Spoonful of Sweetness. It's a perfect board book for children 0-3 years of age. I shared this sweet story with my two nieces and nephew. I love that this story teaches kindness, friendship, responsibility, empathy, respect and courage. I know even my first graders have a hard time describing responsibility, respect and empathy. This book easily explains them all. Speaking of manners....have you seen this checklist of 25 manners every kids needs to know by age 9? Manners are HUGE for me. How about you?


Maria Dismondy - Award Winning Children's Book Author from Zara Creative on Vimeo.




Would you like to win an autographed copy of her new book? It's just perfect for babies. Leave me a comment on your favorite character education read aloud or how you incorporate character education in your classroom. Don't forget your email address ;) Winner will be announced on January 27th!





3 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of the Character Counts program? Did this in a school I was at two years ago with ALL of the students. We went so far as to actually paint 6 pillars in our school the six colours of the program. Sooooo cool!
    sherrymatheson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Leader in Me is making a big difference in our school. I hear the kids using the language all the time... "I'm being Proactive..." :) "We decided to Think Win-Win so everyone could play." I'll be honest, this first year has been hard. Teaching it from the very beginning is difficult. It's a lot of information for a first grader! I'm hoping next year since they have heard it in Kinder it will be easier and we will be able to go farther. It's also helped me as a teacher... I am more apt to get my work done first and then play :)
    Did you Sharpen the Saw today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!