Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Five for Friday


I'm joining in the party to share some pictures of our week! Thanks Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting such a fun weekly party.

The first graders performed the Interplanetary Jammin' musical. It was a big hit with the parents. I was so proud. Just curious... how many teachers do you have on a grade level? We have 9 first grade teachers so our musical was spilt up into two different nights. 







We had a special visitor all week leaving us clues and treats. We tried really hard to trap him but no luck. I used this wonderful packet to teach inferring. I *highly* recommend this for inferencing skills. We can't wait to see what happens on Monday.




I tried to blur so I don't give away too much. 



Bee Oreos from Lucky the Leprechaun 



Our trap to try and catch Lucky.



We shared why we are lucky! I loved looking at their cute responses. 






I'm trying out a new behavior system called the Super Improver Wall by WBT. I'll be blogging about it this weekend. It's all about setting goals for children and recognizing their improvements. I also do something similar for AR. Each student has their own individual goals.









Spring Break is definitely here in my hometown but just not for me! Our spring break is one week away. Luke Bryan was at my husband's beach store this past week. I'm loving his new album. 



Check out the spring break madness!



I'm off to eat dinner with the family! I'll be back later this weekend for some fun new ideas.


7 comments:

  1. Those bee oreos are awesome! You won't believe this - I teach at a public school in southern Calif and last year I was the ONLY first grade teacher... PLC ( ing ) was strange to say the least...impossible. This year there are 2 of us. We use to have 8 but our school shrunk twice due to rapid growth in our area and then class size reduction went away and we went from 20 - 28 kids. I miss having a bigger group to collaborate with...I love the interplantetary jam play - we use to do that too when I taught 3rd.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    :o)
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love the name of your blog. I giggled out loud. We have five first grade teachers on our team. Your campus must be large for an elementary? I love the trap ya'll set for Lucky and the project your class completed about what makes them lucky. I'll definately check back to learn more about your Super Improver Board. I use some WBT components in my class too, but I haven't tried that one yet.
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED using the Super Improvers Wall with my 5th graders last year. They loved it too. I'm anxious to hear how it works with your 1st graders! I love Luke Bryan too. I miss my country music so much especially being from Texas. I'm teaching and living in Korea this year, and I don't get to hear any country music...except I did hear a random "I'm a Rhinestone Cowboy" being played one day. I was in complete and utter shock.
    ~Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the Busy Bees had a fabulous week this week! Such cuteness! I'm glad Lucky left them some bubbles because it was super fun watching them blow their bubbles...until they blew them on me. Lol! Luke Bryan just about shuts the beach down every Spring Break with his concerts. The SBers LOVE him!
    Had fun tonight!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your school must be huge! We have four classes for each grade except third and kindergarten which each have three.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, LOVE the trap you set for your little visitor. SO adorable!!! I wish 4th graders could get on board with something like that--they would look at me like I was nuts! But so cute for little ones! I am also interested in your Super Improvers board. I really need something like that. I can't wait to read more about it! Thanks for an interesting post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a fun, busy week. We have 7 teachers in first grade. I love your leprechaun activities, it makes me wish I had started last week - instead of just tomorrow.

    Terri
    Kinder Princess

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!