Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Happy April Fool's Day

I'm linking up with Farley for this month's currently. I can not BELIEVE it's April 1st already.




I'm also going to share with you some of my favorite activities for April Fools. 



Have you seen the lirpaloof?  This is one of my most favorite activities along with the fake spelling test.  I am so excited for tomorrow. There are so many fun pranks to use in the elementary classroom.  Do you have a favorite April Fool's day joke or do you skip it altogether?  I happen to love it because my uncle used to always get me when I was a little girl. I have very fond memories of my sweet Uh-Uh. 

Last year, I was really disappointed that I couldn't do the awesome POP spelling quiz from Mrs. Bainbridge because I looped with my first graders. Well this year I'm ready to bring back the tradition.  

Also, sweet Denise from Sunny Days had the perfect lirpaloof activity. OH.MY.WORD... I couldn't contain the laughter last year. My sweet second graders were all waving their carrots proudly singing "lirpaloof". You see we were very busy trying to catch a glimpse of this rare and elusive bird that feeds on carrots. You definitely need to give this little activity a try! It is a HOOT! THANK YOU DENISE and MRS. BAINBRIDGE for all the fun and laughter. 


Getting our carrots ready for lirpaloof searching







"Lirpaloof, oh sweet lirpaloof" 


So if you're in need of some April Fool's Day activities, grab the freebie from Denise by clicking here



Mrs. Bainbridge's April Fool's Day Spelling Test is also a keeper. Check out her post from a couple of years ago. 




HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY HA HA HA !

15 comments:

  1. Please send your kids or at least the siblings to my room to look for the lirpaloof. We can help look!!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the lirpaloof activity tomorrow, too...hoping I can keep a straight face ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying of laughter! What a hoot! Happy April Fool's Day! :D
    ~Heather
    Mrs. Renz' Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the spelling test idea! I'm definitely trying that tomorrow, thanks!
    ☼Libby
    First Grade Dual

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7:15! Holy early!! Wow!! Looks like you have a fun day planned tomorrow...Enjoy!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine doing standardized testing in 1st! Sending positive thoughts...
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Standardized testing in Yea 1 - those poor little chooks. Love the activities - would be a blast
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um seriously...those April Fool's jokes are hilarious! I am at a math training all day so a sub is with my class, otherwise I'd be all over those ideas! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get out!!! First graders are taking them now where you are??!? That is sick! Those poor little firsties... :o( They aren't ready for that and it's way to early.
    Hugs to you my friend,
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't see the lirpaloof activities until this morning...so bummed I missed out! I will have to wait until next year. I put the Bai5 Molokai on my Currently for things I'm loving...you got me addicted!!

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like your April's Fool trick was a big hit!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your April Fools joke! I've never done anything for April Fool's day with my students. :( Next year I am going to steal both ideas (I think y 5th graders would fall for them both)! Ugh, I agree with you...not a fan of standardized tests! The week we get back from spring break my students have to "pilot" the new common core smarter balanced test. Since it is a computer based test, we've run into quite a few issues already. Sigh... Have a wonderful weekend!

    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. chaplet  chapman  chapmen  chapped  chappie  chapter  charade  charged.
    Compared with other kind filters which includes disc filter, bag filter features a more good quality efficiency.
    In PAV+, the level of amplification, thus the level of
    work of breathing, is set through a single setting (%support) and the pressure applied is continuously and automatically adjusted based on measures (including automatic assessment of Elastance and Resistance) taken throughout the inspiratory cycle to maintain an appropriate level of support.

    Also visit my web page - mochi-kochi.sakura.ne.jp, ,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome blog. I really enjoyed to read your useful blog content .
    panasonic lumix dmc ts25 digital camera

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your April fool activities, it makes fun to all, lovely.

    IT Support Bristol

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!