Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Currently

October 1st and I feel like it's still the beginning of school. I sure hope everyone is getting into a routine and hopefully your plates aren't as FULL as mine.  I am so glad to link up with Farley for October's Currently. Fall is by far my favorite time of year. October is such a fun month.





Thinking- We can't wait til our annual trip to our favorite city. This will be our 6th time in 3 years to visit Asheville, North Carolina. It's kinda like Paris of the South. If you've never been to Asheville you are missing out. 






My trick is going to be technology related. My students are having a hard time remembering all of their logins and passwords so I laminated cards and have them sticky tacked to the computer. It has been working so far. Also to store headphones I found this great purchase. :)

My favorite computer app right now is blogstomp. It allows me to watermark my photos and make neat collages. I also love dollar photo club. I've been using it for non fiction pictures. You should give it a try. 







Dollar Photo Club


I still love Remind as well.  Do you text your class?


 Remind is a great way to communicate with parents and students. The best part -it's FREE! Remind allows you to send a quick text message to your parents or students without ever revealing your personal contact information. Parents can sign up to receive your messages by text or email. I've used this service for three years as reminders of important class events. I would remind parents of assignments due or special days at school! My parents loved Remind. It's so user friendly. It will not disappoint!

8 comments:

  1. I am going to have to check out Dollar Photo! Thanks for the info!! Enjoy your Fall Break, I really wish we had one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the tips! I love the idea for the headphones. They are always such a pain. Have fun on your trip. It looks BEAUTIFUL!

    Jana
    We Heart 1st

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new camera?? Are you sure!? Just kidding!!! Clearly I live under a rock because I've never heard of Asheville, but it looks absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to hear about and see the photos soon!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit Asheville! I hope to visit every state one day, and from what you shared it sounds just lovely!!!!!
    Love the trick you left and cant wait to try it out with my kiddos! I think it would definitely help my high schoolers, they have difficulty even remembering what websites we are using!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Asheville looks beautiful! What a great place to take a little break. I need a new camera too-it's such a hard decision, I loved my old one sooo much! :)

    Not Just Child's Play

    ReplyDelete
  6. My parents and I love Remind! I have not heard of blogstomp so I'll check that out next! :)

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wanted to visit Asheville for years. My son moved to NC so I hope I finally get to visit Asheville soon. A new camera? You and the old one work together so well. The new one must be phenomenol! Enjoy your trip. I hope you post more pics so I will know what to look for when I go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yea! I agree about the grading of assessments! I have a stack of items to grade myself! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!