Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Destination Vacation


Life is about making memories, not diamonds.-Chris Riotta

Have you seen this article in your newsfeed about spending money on experiences instead of things? It's been my philosophy the past 8 years of marriage. Instead of swapping gifts for holidays,we usually invest our money on trips. There was a long period of time that I didn't fly so I found my favorite spots to drive. Recently, I've put my fear of flying and now I'm scouting out my next vacation spot. Alison from Rockin' and Lovin' Learning and I want to know your spots.

Where do you LOVE to vacation?  
and I would like to know if you 
are you willing to give up your secret spot?

Let's Talk!

Gosh, this is hard so I'm going to name my top 3 spots in no particular order.

I guess I will start with Asheville, North Carolina. We have been vacationing here for the past 8 years. My husband and I go up for Fall Break and then the week of Thanksgiving because it happens to be our anniversary. We love sleeping with the windows open and building a fire. It even snowed a few times which was a treat for us. In Florida we NEVER see snow. Have you been to this funky little town in the Blue Ridge Mountains? They have the best weather, food scene, music/arts, and tons of beautiful landscapes.



Must See: The Biltmore Estate , BlueRidge Parkway, Grove Park Inn Gingerbread Contest


My next vacation spot is Malibu, California.  When we are here we do hit Los Angeles for the sight seeing but return to the peaceful scene in Malibu. Once again I love the weather. 75 degrees in Summer is HEAVEN for me.  I'm used to temperatures past 100 with tons of humidity. 




Must See: Santa Monica Pier, Rodeo Drive, Third Street Promenade 



My last spot is the Disney Fantasy. I finally convinced Randy to go on a cruise with me. He was hesitate because he doesn't like  crowds. He deals with a lot of tourist so when he vacations he wants it somewhere quiet. Guess what? He LOVED it. You can relax and not worry about a thing. The Adult Only section is where we hung out the entire time. Great place to relax. They also have the best gym and spa. I *might* have taken a nap in the heated lounge chairs daily. We loved everything about the Fantasy. Great rooms, great entertainment, great food, great spa! I'm already trying to book one for the fall. 



Must See: Aladdin Play,  Fireworks, Rainforest Spa heated lounge chairs
Must Eat: Palo ( Try the konk kooler from Castaway Cay)
This linky will be open until August 10th...one month.
#destinationvacation

5 comments:

  1. I love Asheville now too. I have you to thank for always posting pictures of your trip there. You made it look so beautiful and intriguing so Jeremy and I spent our honeymoon there. We are already trying to plan a trip back for our one year anniversary. I don't know if I'm ready to go on a Disney cruise or not, but I'll be thinking about it!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard Disney cruises are awesome! I'm waiting till our kids are a littler older so we can enjoy the 'confined freedom' of a cruise ship. I'm not a huge crowd person either, but as long as I have a space I can escape to I'm good. Thanks for sharing your places and wonder pictures! I'll be linking up soon!
    Steph
    Simple Insights

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures! We go to Disney World quite a bit since my brother-in-law works there, and he has tried to convince me to take a Disney cruise. I'm sorry to say that the idea of it freaks me out a bit, but I've heard they are wonderful! It definitely looks relaxing. Maybe it's the one place I would be forced to sit down and relax!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures! We go to Disney World quite a bit since my brother-in-law works there, and he has tried to convince me to take a Disney cruise. I'm sorry to say that the idea of it freaks me out a bit, but I've heard they are wonderful! It definitely looks relaxing. Maybe it's the one place I would be forced to sit down and relax!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Asheville! Never been to Malibu, but the weather does sound wonderful- Florida is too hot in the summer. I love to travel, so I will be joining in on this linky soon!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!