Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Behind the Glass: End of Year Gifts, Slideshows, and Memory Books

I'm linking up with my sweet friend Tara for the kick off of the weekly Monday Made Its. It's my favorite time of the year because this linky is just my style. I'll definitely be getting my craft on this summer. Hopefully, you will join in on all of the fun. Best part???  ...it doesn't even have to be school related. I hope to have some recipes, photography tips and some home made its to share this summer. I'm so ready for summer... it's almost here. I have 5 more days of school so I'm in hustle mode right now to finish all the little details for our Royal Celebration. On Monday, we will be having our Royal Celebration to showcase our fairy tale plays we've been working extra hard on. I'll also be giving out royal awards, our ABC's of First Grade memory books and end of the year gifts.  This will also be our time to watch the end of the year slide show that turned out oh so cute.  I posted a sample slideshow with some snippets of imovie below because I'm in LOVE! It was super easy. I used the theme of ABC's of First Grade.



Monday Made It - Groovebook- Ok, teachers...this is my new FAVORITE find. It's called Groove Book. It will send you a photo book EACH MONTH with 100 of your latest photos for $2.99 and that includes shipping. Sound too good to be true???? I promise it's not! I just signed up and uploaded my first 100 photos last month. If you take lots of phone pics this is THE. BEST. THING. EVER!! Even the app is free. The best part is you can do duplicates of pictures. I could see using this in the classroom for sure. How great for parent volunteer gifts? When I need pictures at the beginning of the school year I'll upload to my phone so I can make a GrooveBook. I also like how the book tells you the time you took the photo. You can easily rip out pictures because the book is perforated. The possibilities are endless. For less than $3 you can't go wrong in my opinion. 







Monday Made It -The ABC's of First Grade- This would have been a really simple project if I would have started earlier and added pics each month or so. Instead, I created this custom book in one sitting. It took me about 5 hours to find all my pictures and insert them in Shutterfly. I used the custom path and found backgrounds I liked. Next year it will so much easier as I'll just switch out the pictures. I ended up spending $25 dollars on this precious book. The books were $40 but shutterfly always has awesome coupons. I sent the link out to my parents and they were able to get 50% and free shipping. If you want to learn more about this project check out Kindercraze. She has a little tutorial.










Next Monday Made it came from the fabulous Katie at Little Warriors
Of course I love anything that involves photographs. I know the parents will love this! 









For this project you simply take a picture of your students against a wall. Insert the picture in powerpoint and add some text boxes.
I used the fonts listed below. 
I then saved as a jpeg and printed them 5x7 to Wal-Mart. I found the frames for $1.00 at the Dollar Store. My pictures turned out fine but powerpoint to jpeg is not the best quality. Next year I'll try to increase the dpi. I found some tutorials here.

Here is a portion of our End of the Year Slideshow. I took out my powerpoint slides that had students names and shortened the video just so you could get an idea of how you can insert powerpoint slides into imovie or moviemaker.  I like having the theme of ABC's of First Grade or whatever grade because it helps me organize my pictures. 



On Friday we had our dress rehearsal for our fairy tales  The students are so excited to perform the plays for their families on Monday. We will be having cupcakes and refreshments after the performance. Here are the tables partly decorated for the Royal Celebration. 



























17 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! You have such great ideas! You're my hero! Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea with the little books!!!!!!! I always take 9,000 pictures and then never do much with them at the end of the year. PS I love the Groove Books! I saw them on Shark Tank!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade

    Mrs. Wheeler's TPT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the things you made!

    Linda
    Down the Learning Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! I love your photo books, EOY gifts, and those precious babies in their costumes! What a fun end of the year! Thanks for introducing me to Groove Book, it sounds awesome!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. The costumes! Wow! Nice work and excellent pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've been SOOOOO busy! Now I feel guilty for asking for help! Looks like tomorrow will be great! I can't wait to see the pictures from that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was talking about that app with someone, but we didn't know what it was called. So cool! I also really like the Shutterlfy book. What a great keepsake! Much better than the school yearbook IMHO. My daughter put together one of those books for me as a gift. Tears....so sweet! Thanks for sharing all the great ideas!
    3rd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the groove book! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your costumes are awesome! I like the groove book too; thanks for sharing.

    Amanda
    http://www.averycuriousclass.blogspot.com/2014/06/monday-made-it-june-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. So......I want/need/have to be in your class!!!!! One of the sweetest and most thoughtful end of the year fun I have ever seen. It's obvious you love what you do and love your kiddos! How you make everything to perfection is another thing....girl, help me do that!!!!!! Starting with taking not poopy pics:/ Your pics by themselves are amazing!!! Thanks for linking up:) Soon we need to be chatting about a get together;)
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  11. Groovebook? That sounds like something I definitely need to look into. You are such a skilled photographer, I know the kids and parents are really going to treasure those photos and memories.

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many cute ideas in one blog posts! Love everything here; the groove book is definitely something I need to look into and has so many uses! Your video is absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful ideas!
    ~Heather
    Loose Shoelaces

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love the alphabet book! Just beautiful!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so upset I missed your fairy tales!! Where oh where did you get all the costumes??? AWESOME! You've made some amazing things for your babies to have forever this year. So proud!! xo
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the picture idea. I need to do this with my class next year. I also want to try and make a class book for the end of the year. Such a great memory to have.

    Jennifer
    Jenuine Possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those photos of the kiddos and their favorites are absolutely adorable!
    Thanks for posting the idea!
    Happy Summer,
    Laura
    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!