Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

First Day Jitters

I am beat. I forgot how exhausting the first day of school is because last year I looped. I was late for lunch.. YIKES and didn't get a chance to unload everyone's supplies from their backpack. There's always tomorrow... right?  Here are some pictures from our first day in first grade.





We completed reading stations and math stations and reviewed some letter sounds using Sounds Fun Phonics and Dr Jean songs. I seriously LOVE heidisongs.  I would be lost without her DVDs.



I am loving my necklaces from sweet Terri at Kinder Princess. They made grouping students for Math and Reading stations a BREEZE. I was able to quickly group students by colors. Having the leis allowed me to  easily spot groups by their colored leis. If I needed to switch a student I traded their lei. Each student knew exactly which station to attend. Thank you so much Terri. It's the best thing I've used in a LONG time. I'm HOOKED!

We read the book First Day Jitters and This is the Teacher. We launched Daily 5 and discussed the three ways to read a book. I used Flotsam to model reading pictures. I can't wait to build stamina tomorrow. Maybe we can reach 4 minutes? 

Me bags were a huge hit. I seriously need to watch Duck Dynasty because they had some pictures of Uncle Si. I tried to make a connection but I'm going to look it up now so I can relate.


Click on the link to download these free First Day Posters
I have two packets that are free.

Getting ready for my birthday board. Off to develop some photos.

Have a nice night!!!

16 comments:

  1. Your room looks fabulous! I just realized that all summer I have been following you in my reading list and not on bloglovin' {I guess my brain is overworked}. I took care of it and switched it over!!! You would have thought after talking a few times back and forth over comments or email, I would have figured it out before now {ha}!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks absolutely amazing. I think we may be some of the last few people who do not watch Duck Dynasty :) Hope you have a great year!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom looks great! I love the color scheme. I've never heard of using colored leis to group students, but it sounds like an amazing idea. I'm impressed with all you were able to accomplish on the first day. I still have a few more days to prepare for mine.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room really does look amazing!

    Yesterday was our first day, and I think I pretty much passed out after posting the shortest post ever...don't think I will be too far behind that tonight either. LOL

    Have an awesome year!

    Tina
    Flamingos and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cute! It sounds like it went smoothly. I am sure to have a hiccup or two my first day!

    Melissa
    Ms. Chae Charges In

    ReplyDelete
  6. If we had a T.V. in our office, we could watch Duck Dynasty and that's a fact, Jack!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your first day went well. I guess I won't be the only one in bed by 9pm tonight! Hope Day 2 goes just as smoothly! :) K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your classroom!! Super cute! If only I could get my room organized!

    ~Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your room looks great! I love the idea of leis to group kids, too!
    AND THANKS so much for the shout out! You are too sweet! Love you, too!
    :)
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love Heidi Songs! My fav song is the "but" song!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room looks adorable. My kids beg to wear the leis for centers. I found one of my kiddos sneaking by my desk to get a lei. I asked him what he was doing and he said that he needed to wear one because it make him look "cute". Love my TK kids.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Lei idea and your room! It looks like your class dressed to coordinate with your color scheme. NICE job! haha! I also love the birthday number idea. Thanks for this post. Friday is coming... ;)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow and WOW. Thanks for sharing and showing your first day. You look organised and I love it! In Australia we have just passed the mid year break so its business as usual for me but I am really appreciating seeing your start up and have gained some fabulous ideas for January 2014 when we start again.
    With thanks
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great first day! Love those colored leis for center groups...genius! I just love your room! So cute and organized...:)

    ~Vicky
    Keep Calm and Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your classroom is so adorable! Classrooms have really come a long way since the 80's. Using leis is a brilliant idea to group kids, love it!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!