Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Ships and Sailors

Why Do Pirates Wear Eye Patches? We had so much fun making our predictions. Check out the video below to find the real reason. We also learned that pirates believed that wearing earrings gave them better eyesight. Today was filled with pirate stations as it was Talk Like a Pirate Day!


This was a cute song that my first graders loved singing today.

Jack Hartmann is always great!


I have a little boy who just loves Jake and the Never Land Pirates. You should have seen him singing along. TOO cute!


I used many FREE tpt units by searching pirates and found a great pirate dictionary. We played ships and sailors, made oil pastel pirates, wore glitter tattoos, read many pirate books and even had cupcakes.



 
 




Did you know if you are dressed like a pirate and go to Krispy Kreme you can get a dozen FREE doughnuts. If you just talk like a pirate you will recieve one free pirate doughnut.
Ahoy!


You can link up to Hunter's Tales From Teaching or browse for more ideas.




5 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun day!!! I love the pirate art work. You have some really great artist in your class!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your firsties had so much fun today for International Talk Like a Pirate Day. We had a super awesome treat. I'm going to share pictures later. Very cute!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never done a pirate day, but after seeing all your pictures, I think it would be so much fun! What a great day you guys had!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! Thanks for sharing all of your videos. I'm pinning your post to use some of your ideas for next year. Thanks so much for linking up.

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day! My little one loves Jake!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!